Hours: Shift hours are as follows: (M-F)
1st shift -7:30- 3:30 pm
Pay rate: Base pay starts at minimum wage
- Increase negotiable with experience and/or education
- Must be 19 or older
- Must comply with DHR minimum standards.
- o Current TB test
- o Criminal History Background Check (fingerprints)
- o DHR application
- Have at least 1 year of work experience with children ages 2 – 6
- Have experience with special needs children in the classroom setting
- Must be physically healthy to maintain engagement with children
Assist classroom teacher with classroom duties, which are but not limited to: implementing lesson plans, promoting engagement, foster sharing and turn taking, collect data for toileting, behavior and daily notes, maintain cleanliness of classrooms and bathrooms, follow specific procedures for behavioral strategies implemented within the preschool, maintain confidentially of students and any information regarding them.
- On-the-job training will be provided to ensure consistency of procedures taught in the classroom setting
- CPR and First Aid training will be provided
The Learning Tree, Inc
Who we are?
- The Learning Tree, Inc. has been providing services to individuals with intellectual disabilities in Alabama for over 30 years
- Starting as a single group home, The Learning Tree has grown into an agency serving over 600 children and adults in Alabama
- Our programs include early intervention preschools, residential programs, education services, and school consultation
What we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Employer matching retirement plan
- Liberal leave package
Company Website: learning-tree.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)